sabato 2 maggio 2009

Let's google our docs!

This week I had the opportunity to learn something more about Google Docs. I had heard about it before, but I never tried to use it… Maybe because I was waiting for somebody to teach me how to use it: I didn’t know it’s so easy to work with Google Docs! I decided to have a look at Take a tour to see what we can do with this tool. I think the most interesting activities we can do with Google Docs are the following:

* have access to our documents from any computer;
* invite people to work on a document and make changes together, in real time;
* avoid problems concerning local hard drive failures or power outages: documents
are saved online;
* use templates to create our documents.

Then, Google Docs is really easy to use because it’s based on familiar symbols and toolbar buttons. I think this is enough to convince everybody to google their docs!
Ilaria.



photo source

3 commenti:

  1. Hello Ilaria!

    I “took a tour” as you suggested me. I found Google’s explanations easy to follow and I think the only thing I need now is to make experience. I found interesting the section ‘read user examples’ since it gives proof of how many people are now using Google Docs for their business or for whatever thing they want. Very nice indeed.

    As far as your language is concerned, the only thing I’d like to point out is a doubt of mine. Adding a list to a written text I usually start each item with a capital letter and put a full-stop at the end of my sentence. I don’t remember the other options we have and so I don’t remember if you are right using the small letter at the beginning of your sentence in the list and then the semicolon at the end. Perhaps you remember it.

    Bye bye,
    Chiara

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Ilaria,
    I had a look to "Take a tour", too. It was very useful...and funny! I found out something more about Google Docs, even if I still think it is not so easy to use as it appears!
    You listed the pros, and I think it can have more!! I'll discover them!

    Have you seen? Arianna, you and me used the same image for our post...are we thinking with the same mind? :-P

    As we are supposed to check the language in the post, I need to point out only some doubts I have:
    * you started your list with verbs, I would have written those verbs with the -ing form (having, inviting, avoiding, using)
    * you wrote "Then, ...". I would have written "Then ..." without comma, I don't think it is necessary!

    I think it's enough!
    Good night...
    :-*
    Martina

    RispondiElimina
  3. Hi Ilaria!
    I still need to write another post comment after yours, so sorry for being too much repetitive or concise.
    Anyway, I agree with Martina: while listing actions to take on, I would put the -ing form like having, inviting, avoiding ect... or just put the full infinitive to have, to invite, to avoid with capital letters as Chiara suggested.

    See you tomorrow in class!
    Arianna ;)

    RispondiElimina